Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
Joomla is used by the United Nations (Governmental organization), MTV Networks, Quizilla (Social networking), L.A. Weekly (Online publication), IHOP (Restaurant chain), Harvard University (Educational), Citibank (Financial institution intranet) - Not publicly accessible, etc.
- Completely database driven site engines
- News, products, or services sections fully editable and manageable
- Topics sections can be added to by contributing Authors
- Fully customisable layouts including left, center, and right Menu boxes
- Browser upload of images to your own library for use anywhere in the site
- Dynamic Forum/Poll/Voting booth for on-the-spot results
- Runs on Linux, FreeBSD, MacOSX server, Solaris, and AIX
- Change order of objects including news, FAQs, Articles etc.
- Random Newsflash generator
- Remote Author submission Module for News, Articles, FAQs, and Links
- Object hierarchy - as many Sections, departments, divisions, and pages as you want
- Image library - store all your PNGs, PDFs, DOCs, XLSs, GIFs, and JPEGs online for easy use
- Automatic Path-Finder. Place a picture and let Joomla! fix the link
- News Feed Manager. Choose from over 360 News Feeds from around the world
- E-mail a friend and Print format available for every story and Article
- In-line Text editor similar to any basic word processor software
- User editable look and feel
- Polls/Surveys - Now put a different one on each page
- Custom Page Modules. Download custom page Modules to spice up your site
- Template Manager. Download Templates and implement them in seconds
- Layout preview. See how it looks before going live
- Banner Manager. Make money out of your site